[asterisk-users] Wierd queue question

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Sat Nov 1 11:20:41 CDT 2008

Julian wrote:
> show application RemoveQueueMember
>  -= Info about application 'RemoveQueueMember' =-

> [Synopsis]
> Dynamically removes queue members

> [Description]
>   RemoveQueueMember(queuename[|interface[|options]]):
> Dynamically removes interface to an existing queue
> If the interface is NOT in the queue and there exists an n+101 priority
> then it will then jump to this priority.  Otherwise it will return an error
> The option string may contain zero or more of the following characters:
>        'j' -- jump to +101 priority when appropriate.
>   This application sets the following channel variable upon completion:
>     RQMSTATUS      The status of the attempt to remove a queue member as a
>                     text string, one of
>           REMOVED | NOTINQUEUE | NOSUCHQUEUE
> Example: RemoveQueueMember(techsupport|SIP/3000)

> Julian

I should have mentioned that I already added a method for the agents to
logout using RemoveQueueMember.  What I am looking for is a way to trigger
it automatically, after the agent logs in and gets one call.

I admit I have not tried the simple and crude method:
exten => 123,1,Answer
exten => 123,n,AddQueueMember($member)
exten => 123,n,Wait($sometime); long enough for a call to be delivered
exten => 133,n,RemoveQueueMember($member)

I was hoping that someone might have a more elegant solution.