[asterisk-users] Calls to Teliax dropping...

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Fri May 30 18:40:27 CDT 2008

Carlos Chavez wrote:
> 	I have a customer that uses Teliax to make all their calls to the USA.
> The main problem is that calls seem to drop randomly.  Since most of the
> calls they do are conference calls this is not acceptable.  Sometimes
> they will have to redial constantly.
>
> 	We are using the latest Asterisk.  The server does not have any card,
> it is a pure IP system.  We use IAX2 to send calls to Teliax but usually
> receive them via SIP.  All extensions on the server are SIP.  We have
> tried using ulaw, alaw, g729 and gsm to send and receive calls but still
> some get dropped.  The customer has a 10mbps link to the Internet so
> congestion is not a problem here.
>
> 	What would be the best way to determine where the call is being
> dropped?  What tools should I use to diagnose this problem?

I use Teliax with my SOHO Asterisk server.   I had nothing but problems
with IAX on Teliax.  Changed over to SIP and it's been flawless.  Oh
once in a while I get congestion from Teliax, but once a call is up, you
can not tell it's VoIP since I changed over to SIP from IAX.

Lyle  Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.