[asterisk-users] Dial() and the timeout to jump for next priority

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 11:45:35 CDT 2008

Hi List;

I am facing a problem that the Zap channel does not
hangup when destination does not answer.

What shall I do if the Dial function does not jump to
the next priority if rings the configured time? This
happens when Dial function use Zap channel as
following:

exten => _9X.,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1},40)
exten => _9X.,2,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => _9X.,3,Hangup()
exten => _9X.,102,Congestion()
exten => _9X.,103,Hangup()

Actually it stays ringing for long time (not related
for the 40 sec) and it does not jump for the next
priority (2) at all, in the end the telephone return
busy tone (from the provider) and then no tone, but
channel is not Hanged up (because provider does not
hangup it), and the Dial does not jump to next
priority to hangup.

Any one faced this problem? I beleive it might be
related to one of the following:

1) Or the provider send connect signal during the
ringing, so when we are hearing the ring back tone,
actually we are hearing it with connect status, but I
am not sure if that is happening.

2) Might be because the I am using Zap channel, but I
do not know why?!

So any one has idea how can I guarantee the channel to
be hanged up if destination did not answer?

Regards
Bilal