[asterisk-users] Calls to Teliax dropping...

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Fri May 30 16:02:56 CDT 2008

Carlos Chavez wrote:
> 	I have a customer that uses Teliax to make all their calls to the USA.
> The main problem is that calls seem to drop randomly.  Since most of the
> calls they do are conference calls this is not acceptable.  Sometimes
> they will have to redial constantly.
>
> 	We are using the latest Asterisk.  The server does not have any card,
> it is a pure IP system.  We use IAX2 to send calls to Teliax but usually
> receive them via SIP.  All extensions on the server are SIP.  We have
> tried using ulaw, alaw, g729 and gsm to send and receive calls but still
> some get dropped.  The customer has a 10mbps link to the Internet so
> congestion is not a problem here.
>
> 	What would be the best way to determine where the call is being
> dropped?  What tools should I use to diagnose this problem?

Have you tried their tech support?  How are you configured that you're
receiving calls via iax and sending them outbound via sip?  Why would
you do both and not one or the other?  SIP has historically been more
reliable with Teliax.

A 10mbps link doesn't guarantee anything.  What's a traceroute to Teliax
look like?  Ping times?

Darrick