[asterisk-users] Calls to Teliax dropping...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Fri May 30 10:33:10 CDT 2008

	I have a customer that uses Teliax to make all their calls to the USA.
The main problem is that calls seem to drop randomly.  Since most of the
calls they do are conference calls this is not acceptable.  Sometimes
they will have to redial constantly.

	We are using the latest Asterisk.  The server does not have any card,
it is a pure IP system.  We use IAX2 to send calls to Teliax but usually
receive them via SIP.  All extensions on the server are SIP.  We have
tried using ulaw, alaw, g729 and gsm to send and receive calls but still
some get dropped.  The customer has a 10mbps link to the Internet so
congestion is not a problem here.

	What would be the best way to determine where the call is being
dropped?  What tools should I use to diagnose this problem?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnologìa
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001