[asterisk-users] *#&%! Polycom...

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri May 23 16:49:09 CDT 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 16:27:49 Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> I used to do lots of Asterisk, but got "an offer I couldn't refuse," and
> went SysAdmin.  Well, now I'm trying to bring Asterisk in-house, and want
> to set up a test system.  One thing I'd really like to get my hands on is
> recent firmware, etc., for SoundPoint IP 430's.  Freedomphones.net, my old
> source, seems to have been kaput about as long as I've been a sysadmin;
> are there any other sources out there?  (And, yeah, if anyone wants to
> e-mail them to me directly, I won't say no.)

Polycom no longer requires a reseller agreement to obtain firmware directly
from them:
http://www.polycom.com/usa/en/support/voice/soundpoint_ip/soundpoint_ip430.html
http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/sp_ss_sip/spip_ssip_2_2_2_release_sig.zip

This isn't the latest firmware, but it's the latest that most people seem to
be running at this time.  I think people are still waiting for version 3.0 to
stabilize.

--
Tilghman