[asterisk-users] *#&%! Polycom...

Matt Watson matt at mattgwatson.ca
Fri May 23 16:49:13 CDT 2008

On May 23, 2008 05:27:49 pm Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> I used to do lots of Asterisk, but got "an offer I couldn't refuse," and
> went SysAdmin.  Well, now I'm trying to bring Asterisk in-house, and want
> to set up a test system.  One thing I'd really like to get my hands on is
> recent firmware, etc., for SoundPoint IP 430's.  Freedomphones.net, my old
> source, seems to have been kaput about as long as I've been a sysadmin;
> are there any other sources out there?  (And, yeah, if anyone wants to
> e-mail them to me directly, I won't say no.)

My source was google, and I came across this almost right away:
http://yum.trixbox.org/centos/5/RPMS/repodata/repoview/firmware-polycom-0-3.0.1-2.html

presumably their RPM includes firmware for all of the polycom's

I don't use polycom's and never actually downloaded the RPM... but it seems to
me thats what you are looking for.

You should also be able to contact whomever you bought your Polycom's from to
obtain the most recent versions.

--
Matt
http://www.mattgwatson.ca