[asterisk-users] Connecting a PSTN gateway to Asterisk using PRI

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Fri May 16 10:44:49 CDT 2008

Using a T1/E1 ISDN interface it's somewhat trivial.  In zapata's conf:

group=0,11
context=from-pbx-custom
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_net
pridialplan=national
prilocaldialplan=national
channel => 1-23
group=
context=default

Note the pri_net for signalling.  I have several PRI spans running this way
to PBXs.  Then configure your dialplan to match the remote site's extensions
to use the right trunk interface.