[asterisk-users] Connecting a PSTN gateway to Asterisk using PRI

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri May 16 11:10:29 CDT 2008

On point to point data, you will just be sending the calls over SIP.
While theoretically, you could use a Digium or Sangoma card to
terminate your data T1, I would suggest a Cisco box.  Using G729 or
GSM (or even Speex if you are cool ;-) you can push many more calls
through the circuit than a point to point tie or voice circuit.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro