[asterisk-users] voicemail not sending emails

Roberto Milani roberto.milani at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 14 23:43:33 CDT 2008

First of all thanks to everybody

I feel the need to clarify the configuration.

from the command line msmtp works, this means that ~.msmtrc is
configured properly

I removed the mailcmd line from voicemail.conf , renamed sendmail to
sendmail.orig and created a link to msmtp called sendmail in /usr/sbin/
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root   wheel               20 May 14 07:28 sendmail -
 > /opt/local/bin/msmtp

the command:
echo "hello." | sendmail --debug --account=sbcglobal --from=myaddress at sbcglobal.net
  roberto.milani at sbcglobal.net
sends the email

I do have voicemail configured in voicemail.conf with valid email
addresses, voicemails work fine

this is the my tmp

lrwxr-xr-x@  1 root      admin        11 Nov 15 06:54 tmp -> private/tmp

and I have no emails