[asterisk-users] voicemail not sending emails

Jose Flores Galicia flojose at gmail.com
Wed May 14 23:01:00 CDT 2008

That's right.
msmtp behave different depending on the user that invokes de command.
I suppose you are running asterisk like root or asterisk user so the config
file must be /root/.msmtprc or /home/asterisk/.msmtprc.
Also, as david notice, in the voicemail.conf line
>mailcmd=/opt/local/bin/msmtp -t ; --from blah
all that comes after ; are ignored when parsed by asterisk.

I suggest you to configure a default account on your "System configuration
file" for msmtp, you can found the path to the file if you make "msmtp
--version" from command line.

This is how my configuration file looks like:

#Config file for msmpt
#Default values for all accounts
defaults
logfile /var/log/msmtp.log

# Main Account
account aspinet
host mail.megamailservers.com
from someone at mail.com
auth MD5
user someone at mail.com
password mostseecretpassword

# Set a default account
account default : aspinet

Adn in voicemail.conf
add
mailcmd=/usr/bin/msmtp -t

Also you can try to configure sendmail for smtp relay with your ISP
This doc was very useful when I try it.
http://cri.ch/linux/docs/sk0009.html

Regards

2008/5/14 Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>:

> On Wednesday 14 May 2008 17:19:09 Roberto Milani wrote:
> > I do have a mail transport agent configured
> >
> > It is msmtp and it is working just fine I tested it on the command
> > line and I receive the test email
> >
> > I have a link from sendmail pointing to msmtp.
> > but it never get called.
>
> I've noted that the times that you've tested this, you've used
> msmtp on the command line.  Some commands behave differently
> if you call them with a different name.  For example, if sh is linked to
> bash and you call it, bash drops some of its features to more closely
> match sh.  Could it be that msmtp acts the same way, and you need
> to test that behavior (calling it as sendmail)?
>
> --
> Tilghman

Jose Flores Galicia
<<FloJoSe at gmail.com>>