[asterisk-users] better enumlookup handler

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed May 7 09:29:47 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 08:21 -0400, Matt Watson wrote:
> There is a enumlookup.agi that is included with FreePBX and thus trixbox, PBX in a flash, etc. etc.

Yeah, I had gotten that impression somewhere too.

> If you have trouble finding it let me know and I can send you it.

If you would be so kind, I will take you up on this offer.  Saves me
from having to download the whole FreePBX/trixbox, etc. just to get the
one script.  I wonder if the asterisk project would consider hosting
that script as a "contrib" in the distribution.

> I can;t really vouch for its quality,

I guess a code audit will tell.  :-)  Although I got an impression that
it was written in PHP.  I'm not much of a fan of PHP.  Don't really see
the point for something so simple.  Bash, Perl (without the overhead of
PHP) or even an executable-from-C seems more appropriate for something
as relatively simple.

Maybe I should also take up Johansson's suggestion and fix
ENUMLOOKUP.  :-)

> but I do use it and it does work... but i;m not sure how well it handles multiple results.

I will test/audit for that specifically.

Thanx!
b.