[asterisk-users] Newbie alert: VoIP hardware

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Wed May 7 01:54:49 CDT 2008

Questions:
[1] Can I use oslec for echo cancellation? I'll have beefy hardware.
Is echo cancellation necessary?

Yes you can use oslec provided that either your distribution has a zaptel
package with the oslec patch (or you build the zaptel drivers + oslec
yourself)
Well without echo cancelation you will probably have a number of calls that
have either very bad sound quality or are simply annoying
With your set i.e 3-4 lines processing requirments are minimal so you should
not worry about that.We have been able to run oslec for 4 lines on a 266Mhz
(no its not Ghz) powerpc embedded board with very good results

Stelios S. Koroneos

Digital OPSiS - Embedded Intelligence
http://www.digital-opsis.com <http://www.digital-opsis.com/>

  _____