[asterisk-users] Newbie alert: VoIP hardware

Steve Repo scmuser at gmail.com
Wed May 7 00:10:56 CDT 2008

Hello,

Please forgive me for i'm not an asterisk user yet. I've done as much
research as I can .. and have the following questions.

I'm setting up a new office and a home office and i'm shopping for hardware.

Office: 2 analog lines
Hardware: TDM412B (2 FXO, 1FXO)
Link: http://www.voipsupply.com/index.php?cPath=99_555_556
Cost: $303

Home: 1 analog line
Hardware: TDM421B (2 FXS, 1 FXO)
Link: http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=3980
Cost: $300

Questions:
[1] Can I use oslec for echo cancellation? I'll have beefy hardware.
Is echo cancellation necessary?

[2] Can I get PCI express x1 cards for the same price?

I'm on budget, Any other cards (sangoma? rhino?) that might work well?

I'm sure these questions have been asked before.. :-)

Steve