[asterisk-users] Dialplan, Extensions, etc. Worksheet

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun May 4 13:23:04 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Roderick A. Anderson <raanders at acm.org> wrote:
> Has anyone created a worksheet they can share for designing a dialplan,
>  extensions, voicemail, etc.
>
>  I'm making my way through the O'Reilly Book (dead tree version) and
>  finding it enlightening.  I have hacked at dialplans created by others
>  but never actually came up with a design for my own system.  It's sort
>  of a work in progress made of bits and pieces from all over.
>
>  Having a real plan would probably make things easier.
>

>  Rod
>  --

Rod,

You will be glad that you are taking the learning curve plunge down
the road.  No pain, no gain.

I can certainly say that I am glad I got into Asterisk way before
there was any real documentation or GUIs for that matter.  It forced
me to learn the real deal Asterisk through trial and error which is
invaluable if you plan on really getting into it.

Then again, if you want easy, use a GUI.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro