[asterisk-users] AGI asterisk high balance

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Sun May 4 03:34:02 CDT 2008

If you've got anything but trivial AGI loads you should switch to
FastAGI and put your business logic on a separate server to your
Asterisk server. I use a deployment where a call could make up to 3
AGI requests per call before being put through (for things such as
looking up accountcode, checking account credit, setting PSTN
callerid). We monitor the time thw whole process takes and on average
it's less than 100ms on an Asteisk server that peaks at 200
simultaneous calls (400 bridged) and 3 to 5 call set ups per second.
The business logic processing the FastAGI   calls is C# and .net which
means Java would be able to handle it easily as well. The most likely
bottleneck under high load will be your database.

Regards,

Greyman.