[asterisk-users] AGI asterisk high balance

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Sun May 4 03:32:59 CDT 2008

Hi,

Matt Watson schrieb:

> There is really no reason why you cannot.
>
> Personally… I’d avoid using Java for AGI’s that you think are going to
> receive heavy use… simply because the JVM adds a lot of overhead, and
> possibly a very real performance impact from having the load the JVM
> everytime.

I don't think that this reason is really valid, if using the right Java
AGI framework.

e.g. Asterisk-Java (http://asterisk-java.org/) starts a server first and
every call to an AGI is directed and handeld from this server. The
server process can reside on the same host as the asterisk server, or on
a seperate server.

Regards,

Tobias