[asterisk-users] AGI asterisk high balance

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Thu May 8 10:02:33 CDT 2008

Well database really is a bottleneck for me. I am currently trying to do
rating stuff in agi using perl. What im doing is i lookup the rate of every
dialed code for every call from the mysql database using the longest match
technique. The longest match technique costs atleast 2-3 mysql queries for
every call untill the dialed code is matched out of 14000 dialcodes. I dont
know how to calculate the exact delay due to execution of agi, but on the
asterisk cli whenever that agi executes, there is a visual delay of about
half a sec to move from the agi extension to the next extension (can anybody
tell me how to calculate the delay).

Now im planning to use the manager api for constant connectivity to mysql
and to enhance the longest match technique. Can anybody help me with this?
Is it a good idea to ue manager api for  lookingup the rate of the live
call?

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Grey Man <greymanvoip at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you've got anything but trivial AGI loads you should switch to
> FastAGI and put your business logic on a separate server to your
> Asterisk server. I use a deployment where a call could make up to 3
> AGI requests per call before being put through (for things such as
> looking up accountcode, checking account credit, setting PSTN
> callerid). We monitor the time thw whole process takes and on average
> it's less than 100ms on an Asteisk server that peaks at 200
> simultaneous calls (400 bridged) and 3 to 5 call set ups per second.
> The business logic processing the FastAGI   calls is C# and .net which
> means Java would be able to handle it easily as well. The most likely
> bottleneck under high load will be your database.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greyman.

Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham