[asterisk-users] Newbie: How to remote test a call prolem in anAsterisk site?

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Fri May 2 02:39:40 CDT 2008

> If you have access to the console you can do many things.
> For instance, you can originate test calls.

Tzafrir, thanks for your response and sorry for not being specific.
You raised a very good point about accessing the console.

For example, I made a major change to some of the config files and I
waited till everyone in the remote office has gone home.
I then sshed into the Asterisk box to reload the config files.  After
that, I wanted to make an inside/outside call to see if the changes did
not mess up anything.
I know I could issue a dial cmd on the console.  I will then be able to
see the message on the console but I will not be able to test the
quality of the call.
Is this the normal way to test?