[asterisk-users] Newbie: How to remote test a call prolem in anAsterisk site?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri May 2 03:22:38 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 05:39:40PM +1000, Lee, John (Sydney) wrote:
> > If you have access to the console you can do many things.
> > For instance, you can originate test calls.
> >
> Tzafrir, thanks for your response and sorry for not being specific.
> You raised a very good point about accessing the console.
>
> For example, I made a major change to some of the config files and I
> waited till everyone in the remote office has gone home.
> I then sshed into the Asterisk box to reload the config files.  After
> that, I wanted to make an inside/outside call to see if the changes did
> not mess up anything.
> I know I could issue a dial cmd on the console.  I will then be able to
> see the message on the console but I will not be able to test the
> quality of the call.
> Is this the normal way to test?

Maybe something in the lines of:

[test]
; need to check the syntax of Monitor...
exten => sound-test,1,Monitor(whatever)
exten => sound-test,2,Wait(300)

Now try:

  originate Local/sound-test at test extension 123456 at internal-context

(Assuming you want to test dialing 123456 from a phone that is in
context 'internal-context')

You'll now get local recordings of your calls. At least how they got
passed Asterisk. Not the same as a phone, but tests most of the path.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com