[asterisk-users] Newbie: How to remote test a call prolem in an Asterisk site?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu May 1 04:08:30 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 05:17:17PM +1000, Lee, John (Sydney) wrote:
> I will be installing Asterisk in a few offices which I don't have any
> colleagues over there to help me.
> Let's suppose I installed Asterisk in such a site.  I tested it to my
> satisfaction and I went back to my home office.
> One day, a customer called me to say that he had a problem calling out
> or something.
> Is there any way I could test out the problem myself remotely (apart
> from READING the message on the console when the customer tested) or I
> just have to believe what the customer tells me?
> Can anyone share their experience with me please?

If you have access to the console you can do many things.
For instance, you can originate test calls.

Sensible use of log messages and debug messages is also very handy for
troubleshooting. e.g: most channel drivers provide a verbose lower-level
"debug" (sip, iax2, pri).

There are other things you can do, depending on the specific issue. Your
question is quite generic.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com