[asterisk-users] Unable to obtain dialed number through ZAP

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Mar 24 02:49:31 CDT 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, mark morreny wrote:

> What I need to do is to try to route called based on the dialed number as I
> have multiple DIDs on my line.  Is this something that can be done?  Is this
> something to do with the hardware that I am using?  If so, what kind of
> hardware do I need to accomplish this task?

Based on this and your other posts, I'd suggest that it's not possible
with your setup. Telephnoe companies don't normally send the called phnoe
number down analogue lines, just the calling number (and even if they did,
I'm not sure asterisk has a means to extract it)

To do what you need to do, you'll need to move to BRI or PRI type of
equipment. (ISDN2 or ISDN30 in the UK, or whatever they're called where
you live)

Gordon