[asterisk-users] How to capture destination number when receive call through ZAP

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 24 01:29:31 CDT 2008

The only method I'm familiar with for an analogue line to signal which
number was called is a very old service that loops the line first and
then dials the number.  The only way to capture this would be to handle
the incoming line as a standard extension with a different context.
I've only run in to one of these services myself - and that was attached
to a legacy PABX.  I seriously doubt you'd be able to order these
services any more.

If this is a standard PSTN service, the only way you know which number
has been called is by matching it against the zap channel that the call
has been received on.  The ${EXTEN} variable won't tell you this as
you've already found out - you'll need to examine ${CHANNEL} and match
the channel to the connected DID yourself.