[asterisk-users] Anyone used Siemens SIP/Dect phones?

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Sat Mar 22 16:39:47 CDT 2008

Can’t comment on the C460, but the S450 definitely doesn't have these issues:

> - No SIP call transfer feature (that I can find)

Hit "ext call" during a call, create a new call, then you can SIP transfer between them.

> - Base station supports multiple phones, but you can only register each
>   handset with one base station. So if you have multiple base stations, you
>   can't take advantage of that feature (i.e, allow the same handset to be
>   used in multiple locations. Other DECT handsets that support multiple
>   bases are available though.)

S450 handsets will register to 4 bases.

> - I find it a bit quiet on the sound quality, sometimes a problem with
>   background noise.

Should be an option in the web interface to adjust volume - I set all the ones I deploy to "high"

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it