[asterisk-users] Anyone used Siemens SIP/Dect phones?

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Sun Mar 23 06:15:38 CDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 09:39:47PM -0000, Chris Bagnall wrote:
> Can’t comment on the C460, but the S450 definitely doesn't have these issues:
>
> > - No SIP call transfer feature (that I can find)
>
> Hit "ext call" during a call, create a new call, then you can SIP
> transfer between them.

Where is that? I don't seem to get that option. What I want is an announced
call transfer to another SIP device.

> > - Base station supports multiple phones, but you can only register each
> >   handset with one base station. So if you have multiple base stations, you
> >   can't take advantage of that feature (i.e, allow the same handset to be
> >   used in multiple locations. Other DECT handsets that support multiple
> >   bases are available though.)
>
> S450 handsets will register to 4 bases.

I've got  S460IP, that that only seems to allow one base station.

> > - I find it a bit quiet on the sound quality, sometimes a problem with
> >   background noise.
>
> Should be an option in the web interface to adjust volume - I set all the
> ones I deploy to "high"

Yeah, tried that. Still a bit quiet when compared to other handsets.

--
Robert Lister     - London Internet Exchange - http://www.linx.net/
sip:robl at linx.net - inoc-dba:5459*710        - tel: +44 (0)20 7645 3510