[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk ready for Prime-Time?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Mar 20 11:35:29 CDT 2008

John Faubion wrote:
>> Although this is a "users" list, I think it is more of a list for
>> Asterisk "resellers".  I'd be interested in how many of you are simply using Asterisk as your phone system and NOT selling your services or an Asterisk based solution?
>>

> I actually work as a software engineer for a big telecom manufacturer to remain unnamed. I use Asterisk at home and I built a system for my aunt's real estate office mainly because she was quoted $83K+ over 5 years for a 12 station Toshiba key system.
What on earth does that system do? open the office, make coffee, sweep
the floors and ???

For such a small system there is no earthly reason for it to be 10
percent of that, even on a 5 year lease.
Unless there are contract reasons she shouldn't even consider a lease
either.

I know that EVERYTHING is big in Texas, but that is nothing more than
highway robbery.

An NEC DSX with CF voicemail and e-mail integration wholesales for well
under 3K, double that and add cabling . . .
Well, you get the idea.

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot