[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk ready for Prime-Time?

John Faubion jfaubion at tx.rr.com
Thu Mar 20 12:59:52 CDT 2008

> For such a small system there is no earthly reason for it to
> be 10 percent of that, even on a 5 year lease.
> I know that EVERYTHING is big in Texas, but that is nothing
> more than highway robbery.

I fully agreed, that's why we built her an Asterisk based system. Splitting
this up they wanted $724 per month for the hardware and maintenance. This
did include a "special" kind of lease where they could upgrade as necessary
even if it required them to change out the system to do the upgrade. I'm not
sure what that is worth but I'm fairly sure it shouldn't cost this much. The
monthly contract for the Integrated PRI was another $675 per month. My aunt
couldn't see how she was going to afford that so she called me for advice. I
originally steered her toward a key system until I realized she would
eventually need 35-40 stations. So we rolled our own asterisk based system.

John