[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk ready for Prime-Time?

John Faubion jfaubion at tx.rr.com
Thu Mar 20 09:58:00 CDT 2008

> Although this is a "users" list, I think it is more of a list for
> Asterisk "resellers".  I'd be interested in how many of you are simply
> using Asterisk as your phone system and NOT selling your services or
> an Asterisk based solution?

I actually work as a software engineer for a big telecom manufacturer to
remain unnamed. I use Asterisk at home and I built a system for my aunt's
real estate office mainly because she was quoted $83K+ over 5 years for a 12
station Toshiba key system. I now get calls to build more of them mainly for
real estate offices that have seen other systems I have built. I probably
should become a full blown reseller but I don't see me making enough money
to walk away from my daytime gig anytime soon. On second thought, I guess if
I were charging $83 large per customer maybe I could!

John