[asterisk-users] question how to play wave file in meetme and exit

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Mar 19 08:28:02 CDT 2008

Hi all

I am playing with meetme and I have things working  in speak live mode.

What I would like to do is have a small meetme that kicks off on a
schedule (no problem there)
and just plays a wave file in the meetme and then exists.

I have played with option b of the meetme where the AGI plays a wave file.
However it seems like I have not audio. I see things happening as
expected on the CLI
screen but I have not audio.

Should this work? The meetme is pure SIP. I do have a zaptel TDm800 in
my server but this
particular meetme is pure SIP.

Is there an example of this somewhere? the agi is being called, the SIP
devices are in the meetme
I just dont hear audio. The AGI reports is played the file "200" return
code but I actually returns really
fast like it did not play the wav file. I can play the given wave file
in asterisk for other uses.

If I cannot use meetme for this how else would I do it? Bring X SIP
devices in a meetme and
play a wave file then exit.

Thanks,

Jerry