[asterisk-users] Limit calls when using autodial

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Mar 19 10:42:52 CDT 2008

Tong wrote:
> That might work.
>
> I'll give that a shot.
>
> ---- Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
>> Tong wrote:
>>> Is there a way to limit outbound calls when feeding files to the outgoing directory in asterisk?  I several thousand files i need to feed asterisk, hoping to copy it to the outgoing directory all at 1 time.
>>>
>> Yes,
>>
>> Create them with a future time and date and they will only be acted upon
>> when the proper time comes.
>>
>> Doug
>>

>> --

There was a similar post recently and I wonder if using future time stamps would
work well although I guess it depends on what you're doing specifically.

In other words, if all you're doing is calling a number and playing a
pre-recorded message for instance, that may be doable as you could at least
estimate the average time it takes to dial and complete one of those calls and
create your originate files at x intervals in timestamps.

Otherwise for something more complex where the amount of time each call can take
varies much, I would see some kind of queuing system being useful where the
calls are tracked and originate files are produced as (specified) resources allow.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."