[asterisk-users] Bug in voicemail's serveremail setting in 1.4.18

OCG Technical Support support at ocg.ca
Wed Mar 19 08:41:27 CDT 2008

Since upgrading from asterisk 1.2.x to 1.4.18 I've noticed a change (bug) in
the voicemail messaging emailing operation.  I had set serveremail option
to:

voicemail at pbx.mydomain.com

and under ast 1.2.x messages arrived at user mailboxes from
voicemail at pbx.mydomain.com .  However, since upgrading emails arrive from
voicemail at firewall.mydomain.com  (the path from asterisk box to our corp
mail server runs through firewall.mydomain.com).  Before someone jumps to
the obvious conclusion, I tried sending mail using "sendmail
me at mydomain.com" from the asterisk box, and the return address is correct!!
So, Asterisk is somehow messing up the return address.

It appears that as of asterisk 1.4.x, voicemail is incorrectly setting the
return address - just how/why I don't know.  The FROM name is properly set,
and the from email is partially set right (voicemail@) but the remainder of
the "serveremail" is wrong.

Is there something else I need to change?  Can someone explain this?

Thanks,

MD