[asterisk-users] MeetMe option b

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon Mar 17 10:48:49 CDT 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:
>> I am running asterisk 1.4.18 trying to use MeetMe and option b.
>>
>> I am getting permissions  denied failed to execute conf-background.agi
>> on the CLI
>>
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     37 Mar 17 10:11 conf-background.agi ->
>> /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi
>> my conf background is a symbolic link - then my permissions are :
>>
>> [root at devcentos5x64 src]# ls -l /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi
>> -rwSr-Sr-- 1 root root 81 Mar 17 10:44
>> /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi
>>
>> I have tried with just 744 and also with 744 and chmod +s.
>>
>> Any ideas why I would get the permission denied?
>>
>> Jerry
>>
> I seem to have gotten past the permissions error by putting
> #!/bin/sh
> #
>
> at the top of my script file...
>
> Now when I run permissions issue is gone, however, When I try to access by
> variables (as I have dont many other times) I am getting an error.
>
> In my call file I have
> SetVar: MEETME_PLAYFILE=/home/silentm/record/pc.610.wav
>
> And when I asking for the value of MEETME_PLAYFILE it is giving an error
> about the PIPE being broken.
>
> Is there something special about this option "b" and what an AGI can and
> cannot do???
> The AGI actually calls a C program (this is the same C file I have been
> using for a long time)
> and I just ask the AGI for the values of the variables.
>
> Jerry

Is that an Originate command that you're using?  Shouldn't that be:

Variable: MEETME_PLAYFILE=/home/silentm/record/pc.610.wav ??

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+Originate

Or are using the SetVar AMI Command?

Sorry, I wasn't clear on this.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."