[asterisk-users] MeetMe option b

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 10:33:42 CDT 2008

In article <47DE86DE.6070906 at pagestation.com>,
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I am running asterisk 1.4.18 trying to use MeetMe and option b.
>
> I am getting permissions  denied failed to execute conf-background.agi
> on the CLI
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     37 Mar 17 10:11 conf-background.agi ->
> /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi
> my conf background is a symbolic link - then my permissions are :
>
> [root at devcentos5x64 src]# ls -l /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi
> -rwSr-Sr-- 1 root root 81 Mar 17 10:44 /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi
>
> I have tried with just 744 and also with 744 and chmod +s.
>
> Any ideas why I would get the permission denied?

It looks like you don't have execute permission. When the S is capital,
I think it indicates that the s bit is set, but the x bit isn't (which
is a situation that doesn't make much sense). It looks above like you
did "chmod 6644 /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi". Try again with
0755 instead of 6644.

Cheers
Tony
--