[asterisk-users] MeetMe option b

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Mar 17 10:33:34 CDT 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am running asterisk 1.4.18 trying to use MeetMe and option b.
>
> I am getting permissions  denied failed to execute conf-background.agi
> on the CLI
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     37 Mar 17 10:11 conf-background.agi ->
> /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi
> my conf background is a symbolic link - then my permissions are :
>
> [root at devcentos5x64 src]# ls -l /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi
> -rwSr-Sr-- 1 root root 81 Mar 17 10:44
> /home/silentm/bin/conf-background.agi
>
> I have tried with just 744 and also with 744 and chmod +s.
>
> Any ideas why I would get the permission denied?
>
> Jerry

I seem to have gotten past the permissions error by putting
#!/bin/sh
#

at the top of my script file...

Now when I run permissions issue is gone, however, When I try to access by
variables (as I have dont many other times) I am getting an error.

In my call file I have
SetVar: MEETME_PLAYFILE=/home/silentm/record/pc.610.wav

And when I asking for the value of MEETME_PLAYFILE it is giving an error
about the PIPE being broken.

Is there something special about this option "b" and what an AGI can and
cannot do???
The AGI actually calls a C program (this is the same C file I have been
using for a long time)
and I just ask the AGI for the values of the variables.

Jerry