[asterisk-users] Intermittent DTMF Problems

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Mar 10 20:24:12 CDT 2008

I have seen too high of audio levels cause echo.  It can also distort
the audio.  I imagine either of which I imagine the system can detect as
a doubled digit. When I experienced this on some lines in Glufport, MS,
random digits were doubled.  He's tried everything else.

Brent Davidson wrote:
> Would TXgain really affect DTMF detection all that much on an incoming
> call?  I can see how RXgain might cause some problems if it was too high
> or too low, but I adjusted both of these settings according to the echo
> cancellation guide using the Type 102 Milliwatt test lines.  My rxgain
> is already -2.8 and if I drop my txgain below +4 callers complain that
> they can't hear the users on the Sip phones inside the offices.
>
> Thanks,
> Brent
>
> Eric Wieling wrote:
>> Lower the rxgain and txgain on your Zap channels.
>>
>> bilal ghayyad wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Brent;
>>>
>>> I have been suffering from this problem since about 2
>>> monthes and until now still did not resolved 100%.
>>>
>>> First of all, I need to tell u that mostly u have a
>>> problem that the first digit is duplicated, for
>>> example: if ur customer entered 108 then it will be
>>> recognized 110 (the 1 duplicated, and then it takes
>>> the 0, and it does not continue to take the 8 as it
>>> completes the 3 digits ... this is just an example).
>>>
>>> Your problem is in the duplication for the digit and
>>> specifically the first digit usually will be
>>> duplicated.
>>>
>>> If u found a solution let me know.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Bilal
>>>

>>> ---------------
>>>
>>> I've recently installed Asterisk-based servers at
>>> several of our branch
>>>
>>> offices.  Each server has 2 X100P cards to handle 2
>>> incoming voice lines.  I was having a lot of trouble with Echo until
>>> I got OSLEC running on all of the servers, but now we have a new
>>> problem.  Incoming
>>>
>>> callers are not always able to dial extensions.  I
>>> would say probably 95% of the calls go through correctly, but that other
>>> 5% always get dumped to the operator queue.  I have relaxdtmf=yes in
>>> my zapata.conf for both channels, but it doesn't always help.  One
>>> particular customer
>>>
>>> has trouble dialing an extension about 1 call in 5. I'm wondering if
>>> it's just because they call us more than any of our
>>> other customers or if there is some peculiarity with their phone
>>> system. Anybody have any
>>>
>>> ideas what to try next?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Brent Davidson

>>> Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them fast with Yahoo!
>>> Search.
>>> http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.