[asterisk-users] Call Manager as trunk

Aaron Fransen aaron.fransen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 10:54:48 CST 2008

I have Asterisk 1.4 tied via SIP to a Cisco Callmanager 6.1 system. Calls
between the systems (ie. extension to extension) work perfectly.

However when I attempt to make an outside call from an Asterisk extension
through Call Manager to the outside world, it connects but only for a few
seconds, and on the Asterisk console I get:

Got SIP response 503 "Service Unavailable" back from (ip of call manager)

Coming the other way, if I call into the Call Manager system (from my cell
to be exact), then transfer my call to the Asterisk SIP phone (an Aastra
57i), on the cell I can hear the voice on the Aastra, but the Aastra can
only hear the Asterisk music on hold! As I mentioned though, going the other
way and calling out from Asterisk to my cell works perfectly...for between 5
and 10 seconds (it varies), then disconnects with the above error.

My sip.conf looks like this:

[callman]
type=friend
context=incoming
host=(ip of call manager)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
nat=yes
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes

I've tried experimenting with the "externip" and "localnet" parameters to no
effect.

Any ideas?