[asterisk-users] Major problem with 1.4.21 asterisk

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 04:11:18 CDT 2008

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, why did you feel they needed an upgrade?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

For me it was a bit of slapdash behaviour on my part.

I'd hreceived a few complaints that sounded like they were probably
asterisk' fault (most interesting one being that one person could hear
in the background someone elses conversation who was in the next office
in their call occasionally).

Rather than looking through bugtracker to see if they'd been reported
and then look into more detail at what was going on, I just updated to
the latest release version to see if anything got magically fixed. (The
new release cheme gives a bit of confidence that it is generally not a
bad idea).

Oops.