[asterisk-users] is it possible? 1 VOIP Provider Multiple registrations <to> multiple inbound contexts

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 23:18:54 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 2:20 AM, Steve Gladden
<asterisk at michiganbroadband.com> wrote:
> In other words how to match a registration to a peer or inbound context
> other that the single defined default.
>
> I've also been told back in the asterisk 1.2 days that it was not possible.

Not true. When you register the /1234 on the end of the line sends it
to that extension in the context you specified in the peer entry with
context=.

You don't mention what exactly happens when a call comes in on one of
the DID? Unless the service provider has a non-standard method of
calling your asterisk, it should work as you expected. Also, you could
read the sample file that has every possible line in peer entries
commented and explains all the possible terms.

hth,