[asterisk-users] is it possible? 1 VOIP Provider Multiple registrations <to> multiple inbound contexts

Steve Gladden asterisk at michiganbroadband.com
Sun Jun 29 20:58:24 CDT 2008

> Not true. When you register the /1234 on the end of the line sends it
> to that extension in the context you specified in the peer entry with
> context=.

Thanks for your help..
Can you please re-explain maybe another way?
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by:

context you specified in the peer entry with
> context=.

I'm not sure what that means.

By default it will send it to 1234@ default context for sip registrations.

Problem I have is I have

1 peer that matches my register lines...

I have MULTIPLE regiter lines to same provider with different DID's

I have no idea how to get these calls into 3 different contexts
as the registration lines are identical EXCEPT for the DID or
username.

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 2:20 AM, Steve Gladden
> <asterisk at michiganbroadband.com> wrote:
>> In other words how to match a registration to a peer or inbound context
>> other that the single defined default.
>>
>> I've also been told back in the asterisk 1.2 days that it was not
>> possible.
>
> Not true. When you register the /1234 on the end of the line sends it
> to that extension in the context you specified in the peer entry with
> context=.
>
> You don't mention what exactly happens when a call comes in on one of
> the DID? Unless the service provider has a non-standard method of
> calling your asterisk, it should work as you expected. Also, you could
> read the sample file that has every possible line in peer entries
> commented and explains all the possible terms.
>
> hth,

> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.