[asterisk-users] ChanSpy and delay

Asterisk asterisk at abraxas.si
Fri Jun 20 05:30:11 CDT 2008

Hello, I noticed a bit problematic behavior in ChanSpy function. This is the scenario:

1. agent is making a conversation,
2. I call an extension with ChanSpy and start listening (so far so good),
3. agent completes the call (I am still on the ChanSpy extension),
4. new call is distributed to an agent,
5. agent answers the call (I am still on the ChanSpy extension, but I hear silence...),
6. after 4-5 seconds I can again hear the agent (please see the log: 15:46:38 agent starts the conversation, 4 seconds later chan spy attaches his channel to mine):

Jun 19 15:46:38 VERBOSE[9907] logger.c: -- Zap/65-1 answered Local/123 at agents-7671,2
Jun 19 15:46:42 NOTICE[9905] app_chanspy.c: Attaching Zap/124-1 to Local/123 at agents-7671,2

Why is there such a delay before I start hearing the agent again? Is this a known bug, is there any workaround to that?

I'm using a rather old version of Asterisk: 1.2.9, but I am not thinking about upgrading right now because everything else is working like a charm (and it has to handle more than 3k calls per day).

Regards,
Alex