[asterisk-users] need ata suggestion

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Jun 17 14:56:43 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 3:51 PM, randulo <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Gordon Henderson
> <gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
>> This might depends on your country (re. availability), but I've had a lot
>> of good results with the Siemens DECT range... (eg. S450IP) The
>> base-station has a built in ATA, so 2 sockets, one PSTN, one Ethernet...
>
> No question, the Siemens DECT SIP phones are great, I do have one, the
> S675IP, and I love it. I even wrote a (basic non tech) review of it
> and here's a photo of the "RSS screensaver"  http://x2z.eu/h click on
> photo if you want to read the review. I love this phone, biut iot's
> too expensive for the other location where I just want a SIP ATA to
> connect to an existing cordless. I will take a look at the Linksys
> though, sounds interesting.

DECT can make you and others around you feel very ill.  No long term
research exists but if immediate effects are feeling ill, it may
possibly lead to long term effects.

I know a consultant that could barely finish a DECT install because
his head hurt so badly.

http://www.healthy-house.co.uk/news/2008/01/14/Have-you-or-your-neighbours-got-a-DECT-phone---Benefit-from-our-special-offer-and-test-your-home.php

Maybe not the best source to quote but I trust anyone interested can
google further.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro