[asterisk-users] Reg call recording

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Tue Jun 17 02:16:19 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Sherwood McGowan
<sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bikrish Amatya wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I am using asterisk as pbx for my company. My company has requirement
>> that all the incoming and outgoing calls should be recorded for all the
>> extensions and should be able to play recorded call on extensions basis,
>> that is , say 123 extension has made what call on the particular date
>> and should be able to play and listen to it. What is the better way to
>> achieve this? Any kind of suggestion is truly appreciated.
>>
>> Bikrish

> A simple web interface, such as asterisk-stats coupled with some basic
> modifications to link to a recording that was made with ${UNIQUEID} as
> the recording filename (pre extension, use monitor + soxmix to mix the
> recordings) will work just fine, I use it on a medium-large installation
> that does about 10K calls a day, with no issues in regards to recordings
> or ability to access calls/recordings.

I have similar setup, and here are some suggestions from my experience.

Do recording only in native format, that will decrease the load by
transcoding at working time.
Whenever somebody requests to listen, you can mix, transcode and play.
This usually takes few seconds (however depends on call duration). Mix
and transcode (to some lower bandwidth codec) the rest of recordings
at night time.

Personally I record everything in ulaw, and either on listen or at
night transcode to gsm for storage.

Regards,
Atis

--