[asterisk-users] Reg call recording

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Tue Jun 17 08:48:59 CDT 2008

What I have done for our office is actually built my own interface with
php and used our SQL database to store the information. Basically I keep
all the recordings in gsm format, and store them however I want. I use
MixMonitor and use DeadAGI to run a script to rename the file and move
it to the directory for that extension. So in your exmaple,
.../recordings/123/[file name]

I also used session information from the login page to store the
person's extension (which we also have in the DB, but there are other
ways to do this) that is looking at the interface so when play want to
listen to the call, it will generate a call file and dial their phone
and playback the file (works nice if you don't have
speakers/headphones). Or they can download it. Downloading it will run a
script to convert it to wav.

I don't know of a "best" way to do this. I know if you take the time and
put the effort, you can get what you/your company wants if you build
your own. Or go with some of the other suggestions made which also work
perfectly well. I think for me it took about 2 weeks to fully build/test
everything and I was coding it by myself (on top of other
responsibilities at work).

Kevin