[asterisk-users] Call Center

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 19:44:40 CDT 2008

broadband Voice wrote:
> Is anyone using Asterisk as a call center. I want to be able to set it
> up for my office line, when calls come in after 7:00pm Est want a
> recording to says the office is closed and have about 5 phones that I
> want to use as an agent. Can anyone share their implementation? Thanks.
There's a ton of us on here who have installations in call centers. What
would you like to know?

I currently have a Dual AMD64 2.4Ghz (Dual Cores on each) with 4GB RAM
running a Tormenta 2 and a Digium 407. Two T1s going to a PRI,  12 FXO
channels in a Rhino modular channel bank (all on the Digium card), and 2
24 port adtran total access channel banks running on the Tormenta. The
Adtrans drive the 40 analog phones for the sales floor, and we have 25
SIP phones. All phone conversations are recording by Asterisk and are
converted from GSM to Speex post-call by speexenc. We also run
PostgreSQL and Apache on the same system to serve CDRs with links to
recordings.

Anything else you'd like to know?

--
Sherwood McGowan