[asterisk-users] Problems configuring a PRI...

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Jun 10 16:41:15 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 16:22 -0500, Christopher Hoff wrote:
> I'm trying to get a Qwest PRI configured and working with my lab
> Asterisk server. They said that the switchtype is 5ess and the
> signaling is pri_cpe.

Your configuration looks correct to me at first glance.

> I'm not able to make/receive calls, and the error I'm receiving is:
>
> [Jun 10 11:32:37] WARNING[31768]: chan_zap.c:2393 pri_find_dchan: No
> D-channels available! Using Primary channel 24 as D-channel anyway!
> == Primary D-Channel on span 1 down
>
> Qwest says that the PRI is fine. I have a green light on the PRI
> card.

If you have a green light on the back of the T1 card, then you're at
least seeing framing and line-coding from Qwest, which is the first
step.

The second (and completely different) step is getting the D-channel to
come up.  What did Qwest say when you told them that you're not seeing
the D-channel come up on the circuit?  It's been my experience with
Qwest PRIs that you have to call them and have them reset a few things
on their switch to get the D-channel to come up.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager