[asterisk-users] Problems configuring a PRI...

Christopher Hoff Christopher.Hoff at SEILLC.com
Tue Jun 10 16:22:40 CDT 2008

I'm trying to get a Qwest PRI configured and working with my lab
Asterisk server. They said that the switchtype is 5ess and the signaling
is pri_cpe. My entries into zaptel.conf are:

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
channels=1-23

And my entries in zapata.conf are:

language=en
context=telco-incoming
switchtype=5ess
signalling=pri_cpe
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
group = 1
switchtype = 5ess
signalling = pri_cpe
group = 1
channel => 1-23

I'm not able to make/receive calls, and the error I'm receiving is:

[Jun 10 11:32:37] WARNING[31768]: chan_zap.c:2393 pri_find_dchan: No
D-channels available! Using Primary channel 24 as D-channel anyway!
== Primary D-Channel on span 1 down

Qwest says that the PRI is fine. I have a green light on the PRI card.

Help!

Chris Hoff

Telecommunications Administrator

SEI LLC