[asterisk-users] Asterisk video alternatives

Ken Williams ken at intermountainelectronics.com
Mon Jun 9 07:48:04 CDT 2008

I looked at quite a few options over the course of somewhere around 9
months.

We ended up going with Polycom VSX7000 series units.  These units are
really designed to use H.323, but they have a SIP option that works
almost just as well.  The only thing I seem to be missing that I've
noticed is control of remote sites camera's.  By using SIP it's just
like any other phone on the network.  I've been very happy.

Good thing to, cause they're damned expensive units.

Ken