[asterisk-users] Help with E1s

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 15:07:26 CDT 2008

Thanx a lot Tzafrir and Tlighman. But i need to clear some more concepts
before starting to implement anything.

In ATFOT i read about configuring an analogue pstn line, by configuring
/etc/zaptel.conf and some other things in etc/asterisk/zapata.conf, that was
just one line. if I configure the E1 card then ,correct me if im wrong, i
will have similar 32 channels like that single pstn line in TDM card, The
only difference will be the number of channels?

what are b & d channels and whats the difference between them?

Talighman..
Can a 1.2GH machine handle 62 CONCURRENT zap calls?

If you can provide me a good source where i can find all the necessary
info then it will be more easier and faster for me.

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 10:28:43AM -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>
> > Generally, only 30 channels of that E1 are usable for voice.  One of the
> > channels is devoted to timing and another one of the channels is
> generally
> > used for signalling.  The channels are usually signalled thusly:
> >
> > zaptel.conf (upcoming as /etc/dahdi.conf)
> > bchan=1-15,17-31,33-48,50-62
> > dchan=16,47
> >
> > and:
> >
> > zapata.conf (upcoming as /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf)
> > pri_cpe=1-15,17-31,33-48,50-62
>
> [channels]
>
> ; ...
>
> signalling = pri_cpe
> switchtype = euroisdn
>
> group = 0
>
> channel => 1-15,17-31,33-48,50-62
>

> > The channels are accessible in Asterisk as Zap/1, Zap/2, etc. up to
> Zap/62.
> > Note that you MUST keep the gaps for the D channels.
>
> or use the group dialing syntax (e.g: Zap/G0)
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com