[asterisk-users] Help with E1s

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 06:25:20 CDT 2008

Hi all,
I am not a new user of asterisk. I have been working on sip only
configuration for about 2 years. Now im planning to explore and see how to
use E1 lines with asterisk. I have read the ATFOT but it talks about the TDM
cards. I want to install E1 card on asterisk. How do i install and configure
it. Right now im planning to buy a 2 port E1 card. Can anybody help me out
on this and show me the right direction?

I have adequate knowledge of E1 lines (32 lines coming in on a single wire).
How do we separate each line out in asterisk?
What kind of machine do i need to process 32 calls (or 64 calls incase i buy
a 2 port E1 card).

--
Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham