[asterisk-users] HP thin client ( was IAX2 hardware video phone )

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sun Jun 1 14:32:53 CDT 2008

Joseph wrote:
> On 05/31/08 23:47, Steve Totaro wrote:
>

>> Question for Michael Graves (or anyone that can answer), I have two
>> big boxes of old HP thin clients.  What do you do to recycle them?
>>

> You can turn them into a firewall.

Well, maybe.
The earlier models , some of which have a PCI slot, require an expansion
kit that no longer seems to be available. The 5730 expansion kit is or
was recently available, but won't fit the earlier cases, so unless you
are willing to kludge something to give two ethernet ports or have
another way to do a firewall, they aren't really good candidates.
They certainly have lots of other uses though, including Astlinux, a
very clever package that packs a lot into a small package.

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot